Thursday, June 7

Miss Fancy Pants

I'd like to introduce you to Miss Fancy Pants. I found her at a local thrift shop for a decent price. She has lovely details and she's in great shape. She just needed a little paint job to rid her of that orange stain she was strutting around town in and that's exactly what she got...


a paint job. In Turquoise, of course.


I'm working on my next piece and I'm trying to venture out of my turquoise-aholism. Hoping coral will be the color of choice. Enjoy the turquoise while you can.


I used Olympic One paint but color matched Behr's Bermuda. She has about 5 coats of wipe-on poly. It was my first time using it and I was unsure how durable it would be since it was so thin. However, the finish is holding up very nicely after 5 coats.


I lightly distressed the edges, drawers, doors and legs. Then used a mahogany stain on a Q-tip to darken the wood showing through.


I cleaned up the hardware she came with and re-used it. 


You can find her for purchase in my Etsy shop.

Enjoy!
Sharing and Featured at 


6 comments:

  1. absolutely love it!!
    http://www.recreateanddecorate.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely lovely! I am a turquoise addict too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deny! I want to branch out a bit but I can't stop grabbing the turquoise paint can.

      Delete
  3. So darling- sharing it at the party tonight~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete